seantis.dir.base is a Plone product that allows to put dexterity objects into 1-4 categories, showing those categories in a browsable and searchable catalog.
The idea of this plone module is to provide all basic functionality needed to categorize, search and filter objects. These objects may be extended with custom fields using dexterity.
An example, offering a directory of contacts can be found here: https://github.com/seantis/seantis.dir.contacts.
This module is probably only really useful for anyone if used as a base to build on. By itself it only offers the categorization and search functionalities.
1. Add dexterity to Plone by adding the following Known Good Set to your buildout.cfg:
2. Add the module to your instance eggs
3. Install dexterity and seantis.dir.base using portal_quickinstaller
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Provide better default template for result list entry
· Provide a macro for default directory information
· Fixes search viewlet being hidden on item view
· New flag allow_custom_categories on directory which can be used to prevent users from entering their own categories on items