Free theme from Quintagroup for Plone 4
quintagroup.theme.schools is a schools Plone theme.
- Carousel Banner
- Schools Plone Theme can contain carousel banner(s) on the front page. Changeable set of rotating banners can be added to the Schools's front page with help of Products.Carousel, that is installed automatically with quintagroup.theme.schools. Banner images rotate every several seconds, besides site visitor can browse any of them by covering the corresponding pager.
- To create a banner on the front page - go to the 'Configure banners' menu in the task bar. Set carousel options and select 'Carousel Banner' from 'Add new...' drop-down menu. Upload image that will be used as one rotating banner, type its title and text (will be displayed under the image), and provide web address image title will be linked to. Add as many carousel banners as you need.
- There are 4 demo images that might be used as demo banners - see 'src' folder within theme package (quintagroup -> theme -> schools).
- Additional Portlet Manager
- New portlet manager was added to the site top right area that allows adding any type of portlet there. There is one static text portlet added to the top area by default theme settings.
- Top Area Hight
- Schools Plone Theme top area includes logo on a top background image and a portlet manager. Top background image and portlet column should have the same height according to theme design. In case you add more portlets - you should upload higher top background image and customize logoWrapperMinHeight property (with default 107px value) that control top area height. All this can be done via ZMI: logoWrapperMinHeight property (ZMI -> portal_skins -> schools_styles -> base_properties), top background image (ZMI -> portal_skins -> schools_images -> top_bg.jpg) .
- Site Width
- Site width can be set by defining pageWidth property value in base_properties (Schools Plone Theme is optimized for 1024px screen width).
- Configurable columns width, defined by 'columnOneWidth' and 'columnTwoWidth' values in base_properties. If you change these fields value don't forget to update the corresponding 'columnOneWidthInt' and 'columnTwoWidthInt' values: values in those two cells must be identical for proper theme look.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Plone 4.3rc1 compatibility added [naivok]