plone.dexterity is a system for building content types, both through-the-web and as filesystem code. It is aimed at Plone, although this package should work with plain Zope + CMF systems.
Key use cases
Dexterity wants to make some things really easy. These are:
- Create a "real" content type entirely through-the-web without having to know programming.
- As a business user, create a schema using visual or through-the-web tools, and augment it with adapters, event handlers, and other Python code written on the filesystem by a Python programmer.
- Create content types in filesystem code quickly and easily, without losing the ability to customise any aspect of the type and its operation later if required.
- Support general "behaviours" that can be enabled on a custom type in a declarative fashion. Behaviours can be things like title-to-id naming, support for locking or versioning, or sets of standard metadata with associated UI elements.
- Easily package up and distribute content types defined through-the-web, on the filesystem, or using a combination of the two.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· No longer add title and description fields to new FTIs by default. [davisagli, cedricmessiant]
· When pasting into a dexterity container check the FTI for the the pasted object to see if it is allowed in the new container. [wichert]
· Fixed schema caching. Previously, a non-persistent counter would be used as part of the cache key, and changes made to this counter in one process would obviously not propagate to other processes.
· Instead, the cache key now includes the schema and subtypes which are both retrieved from a FTI-specific volatile cache that uses the modification time as its cache key. [malthe]