plone.app.kss is a Plone product that gives generic KSS support for Plone. It depends on the product kss.core.
Compatible with Zope 2.12, and Plone 4.0.
KSS extensions defined for general purpose use
* A generic macro replacer server action
* client action for submitting to an url
* client action for submitting the current form
Here are some key features of "plone.app.kss":
· Content tab replacer. This works with all the content (aka. "green") tabs including the non-action tabs in the setup screens. (put to experimental rules, by default off)
· As we have no way to identify a macro for the content-region in the current templating system of Plone, we render down the whole template. As a speedup, we replace the main_template in the rendering context, this may or may not have an effect depending on the template. If we cannot find a template at all, we fall back to submit.
· Portlet refresher
· We currently refresh the "recent" portlet. The rendering of the portlet is done by the general macro renderer, the portlet is then replaced in the client in its position.
· There is one rule that is refreshing all the portlets, the only change that needs to be done in the Plone templates is put a KssPortletRefresh class to those portlet's outer < dl > tag that need to be refreshed. Refreshing is done in every 30 seconds currently, this can be adjusted from the template.
· In-place calendar navigation: the two little arrows replace the calendar portlet, without reloading the screen.
· We put kss attributes on the calendar node for the year and month to tell the server where to navigate. Actually, we could have done that without modifying the template either, since the server could have just received the original "href" of the little arrow and could parse the year and month from that, but this is a cleaner solution.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Remove hard dependency on Archetypes. [davisagli]