mobile.htmlprocessing is a Plone extension providing utilities to sanitize arbitrary HTML content into mobile browser friendly format.
It is part of mFabrik Web and Mobile solutions package to build multichannel content management with Python.
This is a framework library which is designed to work with any web server or Python based CMS system. It allow rewrites HTML. You need to subclass and specialize provided base classes to match with your CMS paradigms. For examples, see Go Mobile for Plone CMS add-on product.
Please see example code in unit tests.
Put mobile.htmlprocessing to your PYTHONPATH.
Run unit tests normally like:
Here are some key features of "mobile.htmlprocessing":
· Rewrite < img > tags so that images are resized for mobile viewing
· Make arbitraty input HTML to valid XHTML to more compatible with mobile phones
· Enforce empty ALT text on images missing ALT attribute
· Protect against Cross-Site Scripting Attacks (XSS) and other nastiness, as provided by lxml.html.clean. Both trusted HTML and non-trusted HTML processing modes are supported.
· Unicode compliant - eats funky characters
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Don't choke on empty HTML documents [miohtama]