ftw.bridge is a Plone product that provides tools used for communication between several Plone instances. It is also possible to cummuncate with other web services. Requests between web services are proxied through the ftw.bridge.proxy. This makes it possible to move or reconfigure certain dependent webservices (clients) only by reconfiguring the proxy. The clients do not know where other target clients are located - they only communicate with the proxy directly, which forwards the requests to the target client.
Here are some key features of "ftw.bridge.client":
· Authentication: A PAS plugin authenticates requests and logs the user in on the target client without transmitting his password. Only requests from the configured ftw.bridge.proxy are authenticated.
· Requests: The IBridgeRequest utility is used for making requesting other clients. It is also able to make remote catalog queries and transmitting the result brains to the sources by using fake brains.
· Brain transport: By using a BrainRepresentation it is possible to get brains from a remote client. A BrainSerializer utility serializes and deserializes all brain metadata so that they can be used on the source client.
· Favorites: A browser view @@remote-add-favorite adds the context to the favorites on the remote client dashboard.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix proxy support: validate last proxy IP. [jone]