eea.daviz is a Plone product which uses Exhibit to lets you easily create web pages with advanced text search and filtering functionalities (facets), with interactive maps, timelines, and other visualizations like these examples can be seen at http://www.simile-widgets.org/exhibit.
It is simply to use, needs no desktop application, everything is done through the web by uploading an "excel file" and configure its visualisations.
See also initial project wiki page https://svn.eionet.europa.eu/projects/Zope/wiki/DaViz for the reasoning behind this project.
EEA Daviz generates different views and a customisable faceted search on CSV/TSV data uploaded in a Plone site. Just upload a CSV file under a normal Plone file and go to actions menu and click convert to exhibit view, the page will automatically refresh to edit the Exhibit view
More details about how to use this package can be found at the following link:
To install eea.daviz into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
- When you're reading this you have probably already run easy_install eea.daviz. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
- If you are using Zope 2.9 (not 2.10), get pythonproducts and install it via:
python setup.py install --home /path/to/instance
into your Zope instance.
- Create a file called eea.daviz-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
< include package="eea.daviz" / >
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
- Add eea.daviz to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
eggs = eea.daviz
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
zcml = eea.daviz
- Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package's configure.zcml file.
Latest source code (Plone 4 compatible):
Plone 2 and 3 compatible:
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fix: make DavizVisualization inherit from Products.ATContentTypes instead of plone.app.folder to avoid problem with LinguaPlone generated mutators [tiberich #14050]