cs.seopack is a Plone product that adds various viewlet to make the SEO better in Plone sites:
- Meta tag to tell robots "noindex, follow" the batch pages
- Canonical url link for all pages. We have followed these rules for canonical URLs:
- For normal content, the url is the object's url without the trailing '/':
- yoursite.com/news/ -> yoursite.com/news
- Default page (and its trailing '/') is removed from the canonical URL:
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
- yoursite.com/news/aggregator/ -> yoursite.com/news (aggregator is the default page of news)
- View or template name is preserved in the canonical URL:
- yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query -> yoursite.com/@@search?SearchableText=query
- yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing -> yoursite.com/folder1/folder_listing
- Customized batching template to create batching base URLs based on canonical URLs.
cs.seopack was initially tested with version 4.2.x of Plone, but it should work with all previous Plone 4 versions, even if it's untested.
· Plone CMS