prettyPhoto is a jQuery based lightbox clone. Not only does it support images, it also add support for videos, flash, YouTube, iFrames. It's a full blown media lightbox. The setup is easy and quick, plus the script is compatible in every major browser.
The original implementation can be found here: http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/
collective.prettyphoto is a Plone product that has been tested and is known to work in the following browsers:
* Firefox 2.0+
* Safari 3.1.1+
* Opera 9+
* Internet Explorer 6.0+
collective.prettyphoto integrates prettyPhoto 2.5.6 into Plone.
This package requires Plone 3.x or later (tested on 3.3.5 and 4.0b5).
Installing without buildout
Install this package in either your system path packages or in the lib/python directory of your Zope instance. You can do this using either easy_install or via the setup.py script.
Installing with buildout
If you are using buildout to manage your instance installing collective.prettyphoto is even simpler. You can install collective.prettyphoto by adding it to the eggs line for your instance:
eggs = collective.prettyphoto
After updating the configuration you need to run the ''bin/buildout'', which will take care of updating your system.
collective.prettyphoto adds a new view for Topics, Folders and Large Plone Folders: Thumbnail view (prettyPhoto).
To use prettyPhoto for inline elements just add 'prettyPhoto' from the styles menu (Kupu and TinyMCE) to the link.
collective.prettyphoto can be customized via property sheet (go to ZMI, portal_properties, prettyphoto_properties).
o light_rounded (default)
o normal (default)
* opacity: value from 0.0 to 1.0 (default: 0.80)
* show_title: show the title for images? (default: True)
* counter_sep: the separator for the gallery counter 1 "of" 2 (default: "/")
* autoplay: automatically start videos? (default: True)
* iframe_width: the width of the iframe (must be percantage, default: 75%)
* iframe_height: the height of the iframe (must be percantage, default: 75%)
* overlay_gallery: If set to true, a gallery will overlay the fullscreen image on mouse over (default: False, because of this bug: http://bit.ly/eKYdrF)
* slideshow: false OR interval time in ms (default: False)
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· More manifest packaging madness