A gallery/slideshow product for plone that can aggregate from picasa and flickr or use plone images
collective.plonetruegallery is a Plone product that implements a very customizable and sophisticated gallery. It allows you to add regular Plone Galleries, Picasa Web Albums or even Flickr sets.
How It Works
All you need to do is select the Gallery View from the Display drop down item for any Folder or Collection content type. Once that is done, a Gallery Settings tab is enabled for the type. With this, you can customize the various settings for the Gallery.
these packages are no longer a dependency of this package #
to add support for these type of galleries you must install additional packages #
install flickrapi version 1.2 or higher for flickr support #
install gdata version 1.2.3 or higher for Picasa Web Album Support #
these can just be added to your buildout or installed with easy_install or you can add the package to your egg section like.
collective.plonetruegallery[picasa] # for picasa support collective.plonetruegallery[flickr] # for flickr support collective.plonetruegallery[all] # for both flickr and picasa support
* A view (@@galleryplaceview) for pop-up and for placing in other content has been added. * For pop-up effect, you could do this: 1) Install http://plone.org/products/collective.prettyphoto 2) Mark the link to the gallery with "prettyPhoto" style (which has now been added) from Kupu or TinyMCE * For showing a gallery in another page, try something like this: * You will have to "whitelist"
Here are some key features of "collective.plonetruegallery":
· Flickr and Picasa Support!
· Customize gallery size, transition(limited transitions right now), timed and other settings
· Can use nested galleries
· Slideshow 2(with transition types), Highslide JS and Fancybox display types
· Pre-fetches gallery images
· Gallery portlet(limiting with how it handles image sizes)