collective.piwik.flowplayer displays a video play counter in Plone sites that use flowplayer.
The Piwik open source analytics system (http://piwik.org/) is used to store the usage data.
collective.piwik.flowplayer works both with and without collective.transcode.star.
How to get it working
* You need to have access to a working Piwik installation. Create a new site in the Piwik admin UI and provide the view permission to anonymous users.
* You need to make a small change at the tracking tag adding the line "var site_id = X;", replacing X with your Piwik site_id For example, if in the Piwik code you have: var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker(pkBaseURL + "piwik.php", 6); then site_id = 6 in your case
If you do the above a viewlet should appear on top of flowplayer displaying the number of views of each video.
The number of a video views shown is increased when a user presses play on a video. If you want to change this behavior, edit collective/piwik/flowplayer/viewlet.pt (change onStart for example).
The product was created by Unweb.me and Giorgos Logiotatidis during the Bristol 2010 Plone conference. Thanks to Engagemedia.org for sponsoring our tickets and registrations.
* Dimitris Moraitis, dimo at unweb.me
* Giorgos Logiotatidis, seadog at sealabs.net
* Markos Gogoulos, mgogoulos at unweb.me
* Mike Muzurakis, clopy at unweb.me
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Don't display viewlet if collective.piwik.core is not installed