collective.chimpfeed is a Plone product that makes it easy to designate content into one or more named feeds, suitable for creating automated newsletter content.
It extends the base content schema for any Archetypes-based content which lets editors easily manage which feeds (if any) that a given item should be listed under.
Designed for the MailChimp internet service, the package also includes a subscription portlet that optionally lists a subset of interest groups.
Tested on Plone 4.0.
1. First, install the product using Plone's add-on control panel.
Visit the "MailChimp RSS" control panel to define one or more feeds.
2. Enable one or more feeds for your content by clicking "Edit" and selecting from the "Feeds" option.
3. Configure a MailChimp API-key (also available in the control panel).
4. Add one or more subscription portlets.
The product is currently localized into:
Contributions are welcome!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Moved catalog indexes to setuphandlers to avoid indexes beingemptied when profile is run.[tmog]
· Fixed broken subscribe form. Bug introduced with pre-selectedinterest groups feature on subscribe portlet.
· Fixed interest groups selection (on assignment) being ignored when``select_interest_groups`` was False.
· Add dependency on BeautifulSoup. It's required for the defaultstatic newsletter renderer.
· Update title and description of newsletter portlet.So we can tell the difference between newsletter and campaign.
· Use context description on main subscribe form if there isone and the form is rendered in a custom context.Added for flexibility.[tmog]
· Main subscribe form no longer registered on plone site.Means flexibility to view the form in a custom context.Tip: use a Link as default_page in you context.[tmog]
· Added hook to register named IGroupExtras utilities. Can be usedin custom code to inject results into a feed.[tmog]
· Ensure campaign template does not fail if items have no getObject.This adds flexibility when customising.[tmog]
· Added control panel option to ignore interest groupings.Ignored groupings will be filtered from the feed vocabulary.[tmog]