Contents in Plone can be categorized by subjects (keywords) with collection machinery. However, it does not support hierarchical categorizing and backward categorizing. It is also not aware of languages.
collective.categorizing is a Plone product that aims to provide easy to categorize with all those functions supported.
This package is tested with Plone-3.3rc4.
To install collective.categorizing into the global Python environment (or a workingenv), using a traditional Zope 2 instance, you can do this:
- When you're reading this you have probably already run easy_install collective.categorizing. Find out how to install setuptools (and EasyInstall) here: http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall
- If you are using Zope 2.9 (not 2.10), get pythonproducts and install it via:
python setup.py install --home /path/to/instance
into your Zope instance.
- Create a file called collective.categorizing-configure.zcml in the /path/to/instance/etc/package-includes directory. The file should only contain this:
< include package="collective.categorizing" / >
Alternatively, if you are using zc.buildout and the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to manage your project, you can do this:
Add collective.categorizing to the list of eggs to install, e.g.:
- Tell the plone.recipe.zope2instance recipe to install a ZCML slug:
recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance
Re-run buildout, e.g. with:
You can skip the ZCML slug if you are going to explicitly include the package from another package's configure.zcml file.
This part of document describes how to categorize contents in a plone site.
1. Once you have installed this package, you can add CategoryContainer content type. Add it any ware within a folderish content type. You need to select content types to be categorized when you add the CategoryContainer. All the plone default content type should be shown there. Those content types you have selected and which resides in the same parent folderish content type (Parent Folder) as CategoryContainer will be categorized.
To categorize all the Document content type of the plone site, add the CategoryContainer exactly under the plone root and select Documet in the "Content Type" field of CategoryContainer.
2. Add Category (Let's call this, Category A) content type to CategoryContainer. You may also add another Category (Category B) to already added Category A. Category B is now subcategory of Category A. If you have another Cateogry (Category C), which is not hierarchically subcategory of Category A, but still want to make it as a subcategory of Category A, you may refer it from edit page of Category A at the field of subcategory.
3. If you already have content types which surpposed to be categorized, they are already categorized. If you don't have one, add one to a Parent Folder or any subfolders of the Parent Folder.
4. The categorized contents now have a new tab called whatever you have input to CategoryContainer's Title. There you see to which category the content belongs and can be updated through the page.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· French translation added [toutpt]