Products.slideshowfolder is a Plone product that provides a simple, elegant animated slideshow for Plone.
Slideshow Folder offers the following features:
- Animated slideshows with configurable transitions
- Navigation thumbnails
- Image captions
- Intelligent preloading of images to save bandwidth
- A play/pause/forward/reverse slideshow controller
- Looping and random-order slideshows
- Optional support for "lightbox" style image pop-ups
- Look and feel completely customizable via CSS
Slideshow Folder uses Zope 3 development techniques to enable normal Plone Folders, Collections and Images with configurable slideshow views.
We wanted to develop a slideshow product for Plone that would avoid creating custom content types for the images and slideshow folders in order to allow easy installation, re-use of existing images in the site and to avoid "stranding" content in future upgrades or when you remove the product.
· Plone CMS
· CMFonFive 1.3.4 (ONLY if using Plone 2.5.x)
· Five 1.4 (ONLY if using Plone 2.5.x)
· Transitions cannot be set on a per-slide basis, only for all the slides in the slideshow.
· In IE, the slideshow does not operate properly when logged in as a Manager and accessing the site at http://localhost/. You can work around this by using http://127.0.0.1/ instead. See http://plone.org/products/slideshowfolder/issues/46 for details.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added .metadata files for skin based images, js and css to get slideshowfolder cacheable. [pelle_]
· Use current plone markup style (folder_listing.pt) to solve the template error when having the Plone Site it self as a slideshow. http://plone.org/products/slideshowfolder/issues/57/view. [pelle_]
· Added basic functional/browser test setup and added a test that covers the case where slideshow is used for the Plone Site root currently raising a template error http://plone.org/products/slideshowfolder/issues/57/view. [pelle_]
· Fixed an error, occured if layout-property was set before making a folder a slideshowfolder and then unmaking it again [tom_gross]
· Use correct permission for slideshowsettings-view. [tom_gross]
· Added german translation [tom_gross]