Products.pipbox is a backwards-compatibility layer that provides Plone 4's ajax popup support in Plone 3.3.x.
This allows lightbox-style popups that may be loaded as images, AJAX html, or iframes.
pipbox currently does three things:
- loads JQuery Tools and its supporting js by loading plone.app.jquerytools;
- Adds many of the standard Plone 4 popup forms;
With pipbox and plone.app.jquerytools in place, you may use plone.app.jquerytools documented mechanisms for adding popups.
You may also use a table-driven setup, with settings in the table allowing you to specify DOM elements via jquery selectors. These are usually going to be < a href... / > or < img src... / > elements. You specify how the URL should be loaded (as an image, ajax or iframe). You may also optionally supply a regular expression search/replace pair for the URL and additional arguments for the JS engine.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Emulate Plone 4 form tabbing in Plone 3.x. Probably mainly useful with PloneFormGen quick edit mode [smcmahon]
· Reproduce the Plone 4 popups as possible. [smcmahon]
· Adjust styles to work in IE 6. [davisagli]