A mailing list product for Plone
Products.listen is a mailing list management application that integrates into the Plone Content Management System. It is based on the venerable MailBoxer Zope Product by Maik Jablonski, and offers most of the features of that product.
- Easily create mailing lists through the Plone interface.
- Lists may be moderated or unmoderated, open to all or restricted to subscribers only.
- Optional archiving of mail with or without attachments.
- Fully threaded archive display, including a forum-like view.
- Portal members and visitors can easily subscribe/unsubscribe themselves through the Plone interface.
- Each list maintains its own catalog featuring a full text index of messages.
- Members can make responses with quotation to archived messages through the Plone interface.
- Automatic masking of member email addresses with links to author pages.
- Provides a registry of lists on a Zope instance allowing lists to be added without any additional SMTP server configuration.
- Performs well due to use of simple Zope types and z3/Five techniques. Capable of higher mail volume that MailBoxer itself, and much greater volume than Archetypes-based mailing list systems.