Products.Maps is a Plone product designed to provide a very simple to use Google Maps integration for Plone. The following goals were set for development:
- Ease of use
- Add locations to a folder
- Set the view of the folder to Map
- It figures out how to center and zoom the map automatically
- Flexibility for enhancement by using the Zope 3 component architecture
- Works on Topics
Maps shows up in the "Add-ons" configuration panel.
To use Google Maps you need an "Google Maps API key from Google":http://www.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html.
You can use the "Maps settings" configuration panel to add keys.
You need to use the URL at which your site is normally available from the outside (most likely your own domain). You can just use the root of your site for the registration and the key will automatically be used for all maps on the site. If you have a map on your site which sees much traffic, then you may want to register another key for it's URL, so the volume limits from Google Maps are spread out a bit.
Two keys are included for testing with the following URLs:
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Store map objects in window.activeMaps to allow end-develops access [StevenLooman]
· Added title in popup window [giacomos]