Products.ATContentTypes is a Plone extension that provides the default content types for Plone.
Please read INSTALL.txt for a list of requirements before installing this product. ATContentTypes requires new versions of Python, Zope, Plone and Archetypes. Make sure you've updated all products.
Reporting bugs / feature requests:
Please use the Plone bug tracker at http://dev.plone.org/plone and use the Content Types component!
Comparing CMF types with ATContentTypes:
This is a very rough and short list of differences between the old CMF types and the new ATContentTypes types.
* Archetypes: All types are written with Archetypes and have all features default Archetypes based types have like:
- autogenerated edit forms based on the schema
- Easily enhanceable by subclassing or adding fields to the schema
- Transformations like restructured text, python source code highlighting,
pdf to html, office to html and many more.
- plugable validation of fields
* Clean and documented API.
* Translateable using LinguaPlone.
* Dynamic Views: All types are using the new dynamic view FTI that allows you to choose the view template per instance. You can configure the templates in the portal_types tool. This features is used to turn an ordinary folder into a photo album by simple switching to a different view.
* Permissions per type and feature: Every type has its own add permission and all features like template mixin have their own modify permission, too.
* Numerous small adjustments and enhancements to all types for example:
- Images can be rotated through the web and have exif informations
- News Items have an image plus caption
- Events have a body text
- Documents have a history tab to show the last changes as an unified diff view using the ZODB history.
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· change string ownership to creators as it makes more sense refs https://dev.plone.org/ticket/8725 [maartenkling]
· Make sure ATTopic.queryCatalog cannot be published. This fixes https://plone.org/products/plone/security/advisories/20121106/14 [davisagli]