Super Serious Stats is a PHP program that analyzes IRC log files and stores the data in a MySQL database. After reading a couple of logfiles there will be enough data to generate a nice HTML page with statistics on it which will give you insight in the channels users and activity.
How it works in a nutshell
1. You save logging from your IRC channel to plain text files using an IRC bot like eggdrop.
2. Every day you have Super Serious Stats read through the logfile of the previous day and store all usable data in a database.
3. Now you have the program generate a cool HTML page for everyone in the channel to gaze at!
Here are some key features of "superseriousstats":
· Coded in PHP, runs from CLI (commandline)
· Data stored in MySQL, daily increments
· Supports Eggdrop logging out of the box
· an HTTP server
· Not everything is documented
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version makes use of SQLite instead of MySQL, which was the RDBMS of choice in prior versions.
· One minor requested feature was added: the ability to exclude nicks from the stats page.