Visitors Web Log Analyzer is a very fast web log analyzer for Linux, Windows, and other Unix-like operating systems. It takes as input a web server log file, and outputs statistics in form of different reports. The design principles are very different compared to other software of the same type:
No installation required, can process up to 150,000 lines of log entries per second in fast computers (20MB/s with my log files average length).
Designed to be executed by the command line, output html and text reports. The text report can be used in pipe to less to check web stats from ssh.
Support for real time statistics with the Visitors Stream Mode introduced with version 0.3.
To specify the log format is not needed at all. Works out of box with apache and most other web servers with a standard log format (see the documentation for more information on the format).
It's a portable C program, can be compiled on many different systems. Binaries for Windows systems are in the Download section of this page.
The produced html report doesn't contain images or external CSS, is self-contained, you can send it by email to users.
Visitors is free software (and of course, freeware), under the terms of the GPL license. You don't need to pay to use it. Visitors is supported, if you want a custom version made directly by the original author for a modest price, contact me at antirez (at) invece.org. ISPs may take advantage of the high processing speed.
Here are some key features of "Visitors Web Log Analyzer":
· Requested pages.
· Requested images.
· Referers by hits and age.
· Unique visitors in each day.
· Page views per visit.
· Pages accessed by the Google crawler (and the date of google's last access on every page).
· Percentage of visits originated from Google searches for every day.
· User's navigation patterns (web trails).
· Keyphrases used in Google searches.
· User agents.
· Weekdays and Hours distributions of accesses.
· Weekdays/Hours combined bidimentional map.
· Month/Year combined bidimentional map.
· Visual path analysis with Graphviz.
· Operating systems, browsers and domains popularity.
· 404 errors.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]