Scratchy is an Apache Web Server log parser and HTML report generator written in Python.
Scratchy began as a proof-of-concept which allowed me to compile stats about my personal website. As time progressed I continually added features and improvements and I felt that it would be useful to others.
The functionality that the project aims to supply is a complete log parsing and report generating tool. Also, there seemed to be a need for such a project in Python. I have seen some other Apache log parsers but they were developed in other languages (such as Perl, C, etc). One goal of this project is for it to be extensible, to that tune, most of the report appearance can be easily modified by tweaking a single config file.
What information does Scratchy report?
· Accessed web pages
· Hosts accessing your website
· Operating systems
· Browsers and versions
· Search engines
· File types accessed
· Country name lookups (if enabled).
· Charts of most data (if enabled).
· A trace of pages accessed by each ip address (if enabled).
What's New in This Release:
· Migration from pickled dictionaries to SQL database (MySQL)
· Deprecated gdchart in favor of ChartDirector $nbsp;
· Deprecated http country lookups in favor of GeoIP API
· Code optimizations
· Additional user agents
· Major version change - the pre 0.8 data is no longer supported. You must re-parse all logs. Sorry.