Logsmith is a tool for editing and filtering log files or small text.
The jar file can be saved to any directory and directly be started, as long as desktopbindings for java are installed (which should be the case for every modern desktop). Upon first run, logsmith will create a directory called "logsmith" in the users homedir. This is where plugins are stored. New plugins can simply be installed by copying them to this directory. The default installation comes with the following plugins:
· help - Shows which plugins are available. If a pluginname is submitted as paramter, that plugin's help page is displayed.
· count - Duplicates the content of the workspace one or more times. Useful for solving all types of "99 bottles of beer" problems.
· reverse - Inverts the content of the workspace linewise (last line becomes first line). Emulates the Linux command tac(1).
· sort - Sorts the contents of the workspace linewise. Emulates the shell command sort(1).
· uniq - Kills duplicate lines. Emulates the commandlinetool uniq(1).