Logfilter is a tool for performing ad hoc analysis on Apache log files.
Logfilter is especially useful when you wish to find records matching very specific criteria, since you can specify exactly which fields to match.
The tool also plays well in a Unix environment by accepting input either through files or via stdin.
Here are some key features of "Logfilter":
· Match only the records you are interested in, ignore everything else
· Fast matching...the code is written in C for maximum portability & performance
· Released under the Apache Licence so you can customise & extend as you wish
What's New in This Release:
· The command line options were changed to be more in line with Unix philosophy.
· An autoconf script was added to make building logfilter easier.
· A bug in the case sensitivity matching was fixed.