JTail is an advanced Java/Swing implementation of the Unix tail utility. JTail includes an intuitive GUI interface that enables the user to define multiple data filters and alarms.
In addition, the user can suspend and resume the display of data from the monitored file. When suspended, the user can single step through the new data being written to the files being monitored.
JTail can be used to monitor both files on both local systems and via the Fishcroft RfaServer (see below) on remote systems.
What's New in This Release:
· The JTail jar file is now a self-executing jar file.
· The ability to spawn new root windows from the File menu has been added.
· When filters are defined but none are activated, all output will be displayed.
· Output may be displayed with line wrap toggled on or off.
· Minor code cleanup. rfa.jar sources are included in the source tree.
· utils.jar sources are included in the source tree.