Apache::Logmonster project is a tool to collect log files from multiple Apache Web servers, split them based on the virtual host, sort the logs into chronological order, and then pipe them into a log file analyzer of your choice (Webalizer, http-analyze,
Here are some key features of "Apache Logmonster":
Log Retrieval from one or mnay hosts
· Ouputs to webalizer, http-analyze, and AWstats.
Automatic vhost configuration
· Logmonster reads your Apache config files to learn about your virtual hosts and their file system location. Logmonster also generates config files as required (ie, awstats.example.com.conf).
Settings configuration for each virtualhost
· Outputs stats into each virtual domains stats dir, if that directory exists. This is an easy way to enable or disable stats for a virtual host. If ``stats'' exists, it will be updated. Otherwise it will not. Can also creates missing stats directories if desired (see statsdir_policy in logmonster.conf).
· uses Compress::Zlib to read directly from .gz files to minimizes network and disk usage. Skips processing logs for vhosts with no $statsdir. Skips sorting if you only have logs from one host.
Flexible update intervals
· you can run it monthly, daily, or hourly
· saves an activity report and sends an email friendly report.
· lots of error checking so if something goes wrong, it gives a useful error message.
· Understands and correctly deals with server aliases
What's New in This Release:
· included "inc"' in modules
· Utility.pm - only attempt to use sudo as a last resort
· Utility.pm & Utility.t- synced with Mail::Toaster
· moved Regexp::Log to inc dir