wxMozilla is a project to develop a wxWindows component for embedding the Mozilla browser into any wxWindows application.
Here are some key features of "wxMozilla":
Common browsing functions, including:
· Back/Next/Stop/Reload functions
· LoadPage/LoadURL and SavePage functions
· Forms support
· Native popup window support (via wxMozillaWindow)
· wxWindows event macros for status and URL changes, as well as context-menu (right-click) events
· Selection/clipboard functionality
· Page search functionality
· Basic editing works by exposing Mozilla's DoCommand interface
NOTE: with more recent versions of Mozilla, like Firefox 1.0.3, these features are no longer working reliably.
· Basic formatting commands (bold/italic/underline/font size/font color)
· Basic layout commands (text align/bullets and lists)
· Undo/Redo support
Expanded Mouse/Keyboard event support
· All mouse and keyboard events caught by Mozilla should send a signal to wxMozilla and allow custom handling
· Unicode support
· API support for changing Mozilla preferences
· Support for custom protocols (i.e. "myprotocol://mydata")
· Makefile automation support via Bakefile
What's New in This Release:
· This version works with wxPython 2.6.3.