A WSGI Server
uWSGI is a a fast (pure C), developer-friendly, self-healing WSGI server, aimed for professional python webapps deployment and development.
- written totally in C
- very fast communication protocol for webservers integration (apache2 module included)
- low memory footprint (thanks to the evil premature optimizations)
- support for multiple application in the same process/domain
- preforking mode to improve concurrency
- address space and rss usage reports
- advanced logging
- static file serving via sendfile()
- portability (tested on Linux 2.6, FreeBSD and MacOSX 10.5)
- support for python-generated threads (configurable)
- cgi mode for lazy users or ugly webservers (example cgi included)
- harakiri mode for self-healing
- vector based I/O to minimize syscall usage
- hot-add of wsgi applications
- static configuration option based on a simple xml file
- integrated profiler (cProfiler)
- support for multiple interpreter mode
- support for python2.4, python2.5 and python2.6
- big (professional) user-base (hundreds of production ready wsgi apps) thanks to its main development managed by the Italian ISP Unbit
- commercial support available (contact Unbit for informations)
- all code is under GPL2
- socket failover in apache module to increase availability (from version 0.9.1)
- configurable buffer size for low-memory system or to manage big requests (from version 0.9.1)
- print statistics sending SIGUSR1 to processes (from version 0.9.1)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0
- This version includes support for adaptive process spawning, a statistics framework, and the implementation of mules and farms for offloading tasks.
- Support for CGI and PHP script has been added.