ssLinks provides an open source PHP and mySQL powered links database.
ssLinks is an open source PHP and mySQL powered links database which allows users to run a database driven categorised links section on a web site - similar in structure to Yahoo or any other categorised links collection.
Here are some key features of "ssLinks":
· Fully database driven utilising mySQL.
· Full template system allowing you to control the HTML output of the script without needing to alter any of the PHP code.
· Easily customisable if you wish to alter the script in any way.
· Very easy to admin via the web - log in and add / edit categories and links.
· Visitors to your site can recommend new links, which you can then validate.
· Allows visitors to rate your links from 1-10, and displays average rating.
· Rating a link more than once is discouraged using cookies.
· Number of hits each link has received is recorded and displayed.
· Very easy to set up and use, thanks to an installation script and config file.
· Built in Search Feature.
· Most popular, top rated and newest links pages.
· It's Open Sourced under the GPL
What's New in This Release:
· The elusive top rated SQL error has finally been squashed :o) (thanks freakysid on www.sitepointforums.com)
· Login form now uses META tag redirect instead of standard header method - this prevents conflicts with the cookie header which may have prevented some browsers from logging in.