repoze.lru is a LRU (least recently used) cache implementation and decorator. Keys and values that are not used frequently will be evicted from the cache faster than keys and values that are used frequently. It works under Python 2.5, Python 2.6, Python 2.7, and Python 3.2.
Creating an LRUCache object:
from repoze.lru import LRUCache
cache = LRUCache(100) # 100 max length
Retrieving from an LRUCache object:
cache.get('nonexisting', 'foo') # will return 'foo'
cache.get('nonexisting') # will return None
cache.get('existing') # will return the value for existing
Adding to an LRUCache object:
cache.put('key', 'value') # will add the key 'key' with the value 'value'
Clearing an LRUCache:
A lru_cache decorator exists. All values passed to the decorated function must be hashable. It does not support keyword arguments:
from repoze.lru import lru_cache
Each function decorated with the lru_cache decorator uses its own cache related to that function.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a 'CacheMaker' helper class: a maker keeps references (by name) to the caches it creates, to permit them to be cleared.
· Added statistics to each cache, tracking lookups, hits, misses, and evictions.
· Automated building Sphinx docs and testing example snippets under tox.
· Added Sphinx documentation.
· Dropped support for Python 2.5.
· Added support for PyPy.
· Added setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and dependencies).
· Added setup.py dev alias (runs develop plus installs nose and coverage).
· Added support for CI under supported Pythons using tox.
· Bug: Remove potential race condition on lock in face of interrupts (Issue #10).