neon is an HTTP and WebDAV client library for Unix systems, with a C language API. neon project provides high-level interfaces to HTTP/1.1 and WebDAV methods, and a low-level interface to HTTP request/response handling, allowing new methods to be easily implemented.
Here are some key features of "neon":
· High-level interface to HTTP and WebDAV methods (PUT, GET, HEAD etc)
· Low-level interface to HTTP request handling, to allow implementing new methods easily.
· persistent connections
· RFC2617 basic and digest authentication (including auth-int, md5-sess)
· Proxy support (including basic/digest authentication)
· SSL/TLS support using OpenSSL (including client certificate support)
· Generic WebDAV 207 XML response handling mechanism
· XML parsing using the expat or libxml parsers
· Easy generation of error messages from 207 error responses
· WebDAV resource manipulation: MOVE, COPY, DELETE, MKCOL.
· WebDAV metadata support: set and remove properties, query any set of properties (PROPPATCH/PROPFIND).
· autoconf macros supplied for easily embedding neon directly inside an application source tree.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version fixes bugs in SSL handshakes with GnuTLS and in SSPI support on Windows.