mygosuMenu project contains a set of DHTML menus (drop down menu, bar menu, tree menu, windows menu).
The menus feature a separation into three layers (structure, presentation, and behavior), object oriented code that makes it possible to create many menus on one page, and support for most of the key browsers.
mygosuMenu is designed to be friendly to search engines and text browsers.
Compatibility: Tested on: IE 5.0/5.5/6.0, Mozilla 1.4/1.7, Opera 7.11/7.23/7.52, Netscape 7.11, Firefox 0.7/0.8/0.9, Safari 1.2
- DropDownMenu1 - 1 level drop down menu (horizontal, vertical).
- DropDownMenuX - Drop down menu with unlimited nesting (horizontal, vertical).
- XulMenu - windows like menu, unlimited nesting (horizontal, vertical)
- DynamicTree & DynamicTreeBuilder
Some of the menus include additional file to support IE 5.0:
If you want to support IE 5.0 then you have to set a proper path to file ie5.js, if you don't wanna support this version of browser just remove that line.
When no doctype is specified, Internet Explorer runs in "quirks" mode. It is for backward compatibility, and many css bugs appear. If you want to avoid them, use a doctype, not necessary XHTML.
< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" >
< !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd" >
Here are some key features of "mygosuMenu":
· Dynamically editable in browser (see example 2)
· Export the structure of the tree to Html, Php or Sql
· State of the menu is saved in cookie
· Unlimited nesting
· Links are visible to search engines
· Object Oriented code, so you can create many menus on the same page
· Free for any use (BSD license)