mod_ifier is a simple Apache2 module which intercepts each incoming HTTP request to your webserver. mod_ifier allows you to reject malicious, buggy, or unwanted clients. Consider it an intelligent Apache-specific firewall!
Clients are rejected by a series of rules which you will need to create yourself, these rules allow you to block connections based upon headers sent in the request, or parameters sent to CGI scripts.
All together you can:
· Deny requests based upon arbitary incoming HTTP headers.
· e.g. Drop Referer-spam
· e.g. Drop badly behaved user agents.
· Deny requests based upon submitted CGI parameters (GET only.)
· Deny requests based upon path requested.
· Log those clients which were dropped.
· Execute commands when clients are dropped. (To add them to a firewall, for example.)
· Apache (Stable (2.0.x) branch)
What's New in This Release:
· This release removes the previously broken configuration system and increases the number of functional tests in the test suite.
· There were no significant changes applied to the code.