khtml2png is a command line program to create screenshots of webpages.
In khtml2png 2.0.5 to 2.5.0 "convert" from the ImageMagick graphic conversion toolkit is used to create the output files in various image file formats. 2.6.0 and future development will use the built-in conversion of the Qt library.
There are two branches of khtml2png: An old 1.0.x branch containing the original code from Simon MacMullen (the former developer and maintainer of khtml2png) and a new 2.x done by the new maintainer Hauke Goos-Habermann. The branches have different features whereas 1.0.x is outdated and will not run correctly on newer KDE versions (newer than 3.2 if I remember correctly). The 2.6.0 release was improved very much by Florent Bruneau.
Here are some key features of "khtml2png":
· Scale output image
· Works with KDE 3.2 and newer
· Make screeshots longer than your screen height
· Make screeshots wider than your screen width
· Use a HTML element in the page to figure out the screenshot size
· Different output file formats
· KDE 3.x
· zlib (zlib1g-dev)
- Scale output image
- Works with KDE 3.2 and newer
- Make screeshots longer than your screen height
- Make screeshots wider than your screen width
- Use a HTML element in the page to figure out the screenshot size
- Different output file formats