image is a Django app that provides resizing and thumbnailing for images and videos with the ability to set the center of attention, heads won't get cut anymore.
I've seen some plugins that allow you to set the crop images by dragging and resizing a selection area over the original image. The problem with this method is that you need to know cropped sizes when you upload the images. Also, many thumbnailers forget about videos. This is why I created my own image resizing library for Django.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· make it compatible with django 1.4
· make it compatible with django-reversion.
· parameter "autogen=true": Add support for precreation of images. Allows external linking, good for newsletters and others
· parameter "background=RRGGBBAA": Allow to set background color to an RGBA hex value. Applied before mask and overlay.
· parameter "fill=RRGGBBAA": When using "mode=scale", allow to force size of output image to target with and height. You have to pass and RGBA hex value that will be set as background color. Applied before mask and overlay.