emuecobbei is an equipment inventory application that is intended to be used on a campus.
emuecobbei stands for "Eastern Michigan University Black Board Equipment Inventory" is an equipment inventory application that is intended to be used on a campus that has deployed the blackboard.com technology.
- sigs (aka "categories") - links, news, posts to the forums, etc are assigned to a sig so the content of the site is organized, similar to the way yahoo started.
- rss feed aggregator - this module is actually two parts: one is a script written in python which gets urls from the database and downloads rss-based content from a cronjob. the 2nd part displays this content on a web page.
- glossary (aka "aolbonics" or "urban dictionary")
- forums (posts and responses)
- news (with comments)
- poll (voting booth)
- link (database of html anchors)
- gfile (old-school bbs term for "general file" aka "text files")
- "bbcode" rendering
- permissions (boolean values assigned to each member)
- authentication (login and password)
- user preferences (for example, the number of items to display per page)
- template-based content, meaning the administrator does not need to know a great deal about php to make content changes to the site.
- applications which build upon the bbsengine functionality:
- workflow - project management tool with fields similar to those described in RFC1297
- emuecobbei - an equipment inventory application
- tunebox - a media management application
- cit - contact information tracker
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!