A free editor for web
elRTE was developed for ELDORADO.CMS, but now it is standalone and can be easily integrated into other content management systems.
elRTE has been tested in Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Safari 4, Opera 10 and Chrome.
File manager elFinder requires connector, currently available only in PHP.
Documentation for developers will be available soon.
elRTE and elFinder are issued under a BSD license.
elRTE and elFInder uses jQuery, jQuery.form, jQuery-UI and jQuery.metadata, witch are issued under MIT and GPL licenses.
MIT and GPL licenses apply to jQuery, jQuery-UI and jQuery plugins that are distributed with elRTE and elFinder.
- Rich text editing, change its appearance and style
- Insert and manage various HTML elements with formatting (images, tables, lists and etc.)
- View and edit HTML-code
- Normal and full screen mode
- Advanced work with CSS
- Setting indentation (margins, paddings) for images and table cells (seperate for each direction)
- Controlling border properties (width, style, color) with convenient dialogs
- Writing element properties as CSS-style always when possible
- Lightweight (139Kb - elRTE+elFinder in one file), easy to integrate
- Interface appearance is configured from one CSS file
- No templates used
- i18n. The editor can be easily localized to any language. Currently available in English (default), Russian, German and Ukrainian languages
- elRTE comes with web file manager elFinder, but can also be used with any other
- Flexible for extensions
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release is compatible with and includes the latest jQuery 1.6.1 and jQuery UI 1.8.13.
- A file manager callback is now used to insert a link.
- An EOL element is used in panels to start the next panel from a new line.
- XHTML support was improved.