eForum project is a discussion forum component.
eForum is server side software that enables geographically distant participants to share ideas and enhance teamwork via the Web.
It allows project moderators to manage feedback and project discussions. Users can subscribe to groups with email notifications - where each new message is emailed to the subscriber.
With messages stored in a database, and classified by topic, it is capable of building a powerful knowledge base.
With release 3.0 eForum is integrated with a Search Engine component to quickly find information need by searching by keywords, topics, titles, authors names, descriptions and other criteria.
As Dave Central says, 'If you're serious about community, then you should give JCorporate's eForum a closer look.
Here are some key features of "eForum":
· Unlimited Forums
- Allows you to build an unlimited number of forums. You can produce a single forum, or a different forum for each department, target audience, topic or product.
· Multi-Level Forums
- The Forum components support Groups, Threads within Groups, and Messages within a Thread. Groups can also have multipurpose "attributes" assigned, so that custom types of groups can be supported.
· Threaded Discussion
- The discussion forum enhances teamwork and discussion groups through threaded discussion. A thread is arranging message links or message contents in a tree-like structure to reflect post/reply relationship..
· Allows users to subscribe to groups of interest and view messages by visiting the domain, or email delivery of messgages posted.
· llows users to participate in the Forum by posting messages in a given thread and reply to messages
· Allows users to list all categories of messages and see how many messages are in each category
· Allows users to list all the messages in a given category and see how many replies there are to each message
· Allows users to list the replies to a particular message
· Allows users to be informed about which member has posted a message or replied to a message
· Forum Administration
· Allows you to create, update and delete forums.
· Set or modify moderation rights
· Enables message structure of forums, i.e. allow attachments
· Allows ordering, moving and sort messages
· Modify topic headings
· Edit content
· Administer whether to verify messages before placing them online
· and perform other administrative functions.
· Forum Moderation
- Facilitates complete control over published content by allowing moderation of a forum. If desired defined moderators can verify messages before placing them online. Forum displays a page showing all messages awaiting verification in all forums.
- Expresso Security Management
- By using the underlying Expresso Framework layer, you can create user groups and allocate them specific task rights. A range of access rights enables you to distribute forum-related tasks to a high degree of specificity.
· Entire groups of users can be collectively enabled or excluded from viewing or participating in specific forums or groups of forums. Open your forums to a global audience, or limit access to specific user groups.
· Email Support
- Email interaction (e.g. posting to the forum and forwarding from the forum to email addresses) is supported.
- Flexible Message Management
- Easily move messages from one topic to another, gaining flexibility and precision in the display of information.
· Advanced Search Capability
- Ties into the Search Engine component. Search messages by date range, title, author, keywords, topics. Searches are fast and on target, and result in a manageable list of relevant results.
· Rich Content Support - future enhancement
- Forum messages can display attachments in a variety of media .pdf, .jpeg, image, video, audio and much more. Messages can be supported by documents and multimedia files, making professional discussions more efficient and descriptive.
· Expresso Framework
What's New in This Release:
· Internationalization and Italian language support were started.
· Deprecated calls were changed.
· This release supports Expresso 5.5.