dotCMS is an open source and enterprise grade CMS (Content Management System) that integrates the best features of content management with built in eCommerce, personalization and CRM tools.
dotCMS is fully supported and has been deployed by thousands of Companies, News Organizations, Web 2.0 sites, Universities, Associations and Foundations.
Here are some key features of "dotCMS":
· CMS Features
· Familiar Authoring System
· Structured Content Engine
· User Accounts
· Multilingual Support
· Improved Task based workflow
· Content Reuse/Edit Notifications
· Object Level Permissions
· Virtual Hosting
· AJAX Browser, Spellchecker, Content Search, WYSIWYG
· Widgets and Macros
Online Form Handler:
· Easily capture email form responses in the database
· Virtual Links
· Online eNewsletter and Campaign Manager
· Calendaring, Facility and Events Management
· Built into the Liferay Portal System
· Clustering Support and Distributed Object Caching
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Themes and Responsive Design:
· Themes provide a portable, sharable way to apply a common look and feel across a site or sites.
· The included dotCMS starter site uses a theme based on Twitter’s Bootstrap for Responsive design, though any modern CSS/JS framework can be used.
· dotCMS’s theme library provides starter themes for other major CSS frameworks (Foundation, YAML) and allows the community to contribute new themes.
· Themes can be shared within a host and across hosts.
· Allows users to create dotCMS templates without any knowledge of HTML code.
· The Template Designer is used in conjunction with themes to apply a common, responsive look and feel across a site.
· Preview your theme and template in mobile device resolutions.
· Use an existing themes, create your own theme, or download a third party theme to create a new design template.
Automatic Link Checker:
· The new Link Checker workflow automatically checks links in WYSIWYG content before saving it, to avoid external link errors.
· There is a new portlet called Broken Links that can run an external link check on all content structures and creates a report of all broken links. This process can be scheduled using a cron expression, which then sends an email with the link errors found to the content editors.
Time Machine / Static Snapshot:
· Time Machine allows a user to browse a snapshot of how a site has looked in the past or will look in the future (based on publish and expire dates).
· The timemachine also allows a user to take a snapshot, or static copy, of selected hosts and save it as a "bundle" in dotCMS. This bundle can then be used to run a static copy of your sites on a non-dotCMS web server. Multiple snapshots can be taken for any dotCMS managed host.
· Users can assign Publish dates and Expire dates to content structure which would automatically publish or expire content based on those dates.
Dynamic Plugins get more Powerful:
· Hot deploy portlets/admin tools in the backend of dotCMS.
· Added the ability to deploy Quartz/Cron Jobs.
· The extra packages can now be deployed from the UI.
· New Examples on deploying your own Spring version and complete with Spring Web Services.
· urlReWrite (tuckey) Filters can now be deployed from Dynamic Plugins.
New Navigation Tool:
· dotCMS ships with a developer friendly way to develop custom menus, crumbtrails and sitemaps with your own HTML and styles. This tool will build a navigation given a path and return a list of items.
· The new WikiTool allows dotCMS to parse wiki formated from 3rd party wiki sources like TWiki, Markdown, MediaWiki, Confluence
Remote Publishing - BETA:
· 2.3 introduces a new Remote Publishing framework which will enable remote publishing with an easy to use interface.
· Publish content, pages and even whole sites to one or more dotCMS server or dotCMS clusters that can be geographically distributed.
· Remote Publishing is beta functionality that will be supported for Enterprise customers in the 2.3 version and will be finalized in the next dotCMS release.