django-usertools is a fire-and-forget enhancement to the Django user admin.
1. Checkout the latest django-usertools release and copy or symlink the src/usertools directory into your PYTHONPATH.
2. Add 'usertools' to your INSTALLED_APPS setting.
- syncgroups: Create or maintain the set of default administrations groups. Can be safely run multiple times.
Default administration groups
The syncgroups command sets up two default administration groups:
- Administrators: Users with the right to edit everything.
- Editors: Users with the right to edit everything except Group and User models.
The django-usertools project was developed by Dave Hall. You can get the code from the django-usertools project site.
Here are some key features of "django-usertools":
· Send invitation emails to your fellow admin users, allowing them to choose their own password on first login.
· Search through user lists using integrated django-watson search.
· Batch admin actions for managing users and groups.