django-timepiece is a multi-user Django app for tracking people's time on projects.
1. django-timepiece is available on PyPI, so the easiest way to install it is to use pip:
pip install django-timepiece
2. Add timepiece to INSTALLED_APPS in settings.py and run syncdb:
INSTALLED_APPS = (
3. Add django.core.context_processors.request to TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS:
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
"django.core.context_processors.request", #< ----
4. Add the timepiece URLs to urls.py, e.g.:
urlpatterns = patterns('',
Here are some key features of "django-timepiece":
· A simple CRM with projects and businesses
· User dashboards with budgeted hours based on project contracts
· Time sheets with daily, weekly, and monthly summaries
· Verified, approved, and invoiced time sheet workflows
· Monthly payroll reporting with overtime, paid leave, and vacation summaries
· Project invoicing with hourly summaries
· Plone CMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed permissions for creating businesses.
· Hourly reports in "My Ledger" display previous weeks of the month if an overlapping entry exists.
· Fixed permissions for rejecting verified entries.
· Fixed a bug where you could verify entries while still clocked in.
· Added user selection for payroll reviewers to switch between timesheets.
· Fixed bug where the incorrect email was shown in the header.