django-thumbnail-works is a Django app that provides an enhanced ImageField that generates and manages thumbnails of the source image.
This application aims to be a simple but feature rich thumbnailing application for Django based projects.
Licensed under the Apache License version 2.0. More licensing information exists in the license section.
Here are some key features of "django-thumbnail-works":
· Provides the EnhancedImageField model field, which is based on the default Django ImageField, and has the ability to generate and manage thumbnails of the source image.
· Supports named thumbnails which can be accessed as attributes of the source image.
· Uses the Django storages API to manage thumbnails.
· Allows processing the source image in the same manner that thumbnails are processed.
· Individual processing options for each thumbnail.
· Supports automatic image resizing and cropping to the user specified size. Scaling up smaller images is also possible.
· Sharpen and detail filters.
· You can specify the output format of each image, including the format of the source image.
· Supports delayed thumbnail generation, which means that thumbnails are generated the first time they are accessed.