django_openstack_auth is a pluggable Django authentication backend that works with Django's contrib.auth framework to authenticate a user against OpenStack's Keystone Identity API.
The current version is designed to work with the Keystone V2 API.
You can view the documentation on Read The Docs.
Installing is quick and easy:
1. Run pip install django_openstack_auth.
2. Add openstack_auth to settings.INSTALLED_APPS.
3. Add 'keystone_auth.backend.KeystoneBackend' to your settings.AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS, e.g.:
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ('keystone_auth.backend.KeystoneBackend',)
4. Configure your API endpoint(s) in settings.py:
OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL = "http://example.com:5000/v2.0"
5. Include 'keystone_auth.urls' somewhere in your urls.py file.
6. Use it as you would any other Django auth backend.
Running The Tests
Download the repository and run:
python setup.py test