django-mediamanager is a media manager app for the Django web framework.
According to django naming convention, media are files uploaded by users (different from static files). This app aims to provide changelist-like media browser (similar to django-filebrowser, but without grappelli) and multiple file upload widget.
Planned features are (sorted by importance)::
- Changelist-like file browser integrated into django.contrib.admin
- Multiple file uploader widget
- Managing of file previews, eg. image/video thumbnails, etc.
- TinyMCE (and possibly other WYSIWYG editors) integration
- Signals/slots for deleting related models
- Support for uploading archives (with immediate unpack)
- Backends for storing additional info about media files (like caption, description, etc.)
… and more, sci-fi ideas::
Moving/rearranging files in two-panel view
If you want to contribute, clone git repository and create 'testdir' directory inside 'test_project'. Default login and password to admin (used in fixture) is mm:mm. Also see TODO.rst, where I'm trying to arrange my confused ideas.