django-cms is a Django application for managing hierarchical pages of content in multiple languages, on different sites.
django-cms handles the navigation rendering for you in multiple languages with internationalization (i18n) slugs, and the navigation can be extended by your own models.
Pages are rendered with a template that has placeholders which get filled via plugins. Plugins included at the moment include the following:- FileFlashGoogle
Many more are in the works. Plugins are very easy to write and integrate with your own models.
- Flexible Plugin Architecture:
- Build flexible pages with a wide range of plugins.
- SEO Optimization:
- The structure of the pages is optimized for SEO.
- Editorial workflow:
- Workflows for publishing and approval.
- Permission Management:
- Set specific rights to different users.
- Each modification of the page will be saved. You can restore any state you wish.
- Administrate multiple websites over the same admin interface.
- Support for different languages (i.e. arabic, chinese or russian)
- Applications (Apps):
- Add apps to different pages of the CMS.
- Media Asset Manager (MAM):
- MAM allows you to manage all kind of assets (pictures, PDFs, videos and other documents).