django-agent-trust is a Django app that has tools for managing trusted user agents. For example, you might allow the user to indicate whether they are using a public or private computer and implement different policies for each. Or you might be using a two-factor authentication scheme, allowing the users to bypass the second factor on machines that they designate as trusted. This uses Django 1.4's signed cookie facility and operates independently of sessions.
Short list of features:
- request.agent.is_trusted tells you whether the request came from a trusted agent.
- APIs to trust or revoke the agent that made a given request.
- Global, per-user, and per-agent settings can set the duration of agent trust as well as an inactivity timeout.
- Supports session-scoped agent trust for consistency of authorization policies.
- Revoke all of a user's previously trusted agents at any time.
The mechanisms by which a user is allowed to designate trusted agents is left entirely to clients of this library. For an application of this API using one-time passwords, see django-otp-agents, part of the django-otp suite.