cdServer is a simple HTTP server based on the standard Python library module SimpleHTTPServer. cdServer is designed to serve (static) contents off a CD-ROM. cdServer provides a simple interface for special (interactive) functions implemented in an external application program, e.g. search functions for a database.
The distribution archive for cdServer includes a demo application (search for a string in a fortune file) as well as help and manual files. cdServer is licensed LGPL and the demo application was deliberately put into the public domain to provide a good starting point for your applications.
The demo is designed to start automatically on Windows machines if burned onto a CD-ROM (requires a minimum Python installation for Windows in the file system of the demo directory tree, see documentation for details).
The documentation is part of what you see when you are running the demo application. What you don't see here on this website are additional functions which are only visible when when running cdServer (check the source of the documentation for HTML comments in the left side navigation bar if you are curious).
What's New in This Release:
ACLs for limiting access to the server introduced
· new option -a: add host to list of allowed_hosts
· new option -n: add network to list of allowed_networks
· code for checking the host IP against a list of allowed hosts/networks added (taken from moosicWebGUI, originally contributed by Forest Bond)
New option -d: switch on debug mode
· in debug mode errors while importing cdApp are not caught
· variable cdApp.debug is set after import
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added 'pysqlite2' to _DBMAP. Thanks to David Marble for 0.8.1 and 0.8.2.