blog_my is a weblog software.
Here are some key features of "blog my":
· It doesn't use a database. Everything is stored in files.
· World-class file upload & management interface. (uses SWFUpload)
· It uses web.py for clean, fast operation.
· The "admin" interface is the regular interface. When you login, "edit" links appear by things that are editable.
· People can edit their comments later
· Edits in progress are autosaved every 10 seconds.
· It supports wiki-style "pages" (you're reading one now)
· Markdown is used for formatting. Raw html can be used too. There's no WYSIWYG editor.
· It's pretty extensible. Different types of "things" (besides the default posts, quotes, books) can be added without changing any existing code.
· Configuration & customization is simple:
· 1 config file
· 1 css file
· 1 template file
· Python 2.4 or greater
· MochiKit, web.py, and a couple other 3rd-party modules. These come bundled with blog_my.
Installation & setup:
· Unzip the blog_my_X.X.zip file. You'll get a folder called blog_my_X.X/ You may want to move the contents of this folder up one level (watch out - the .htaccess file may overwrite any already-present one)
· Edit the config.py file. Set the options as indicated by the comments next to them.
· Edit the .htaccess file. Comment or uncomment the lines as appropriate.
· Point your browser at it!
What's New in This Release:
· This version fixes several Unicode bugs and adds improved text field grow/shrink buttons.