bBlog is a powerful, elegant personal publishing system written in PHP and released as free, Open Source software under the GPL.
bBlog is used by thousands of bloggers world wide and has not only the features you would expect from a modern blogging system, but also advanced capabilities including advanced comment spam prevention and threaded comments. Perhaps bBlog's most distinctive feature is that it is built around a templating system called Smarty, which makes customizing your blog as easy as editing any web page, no programming skills required.
Our development process is open, with an active and growing community expanding our capabilities with new modules and improving our core software. Everyone is welcomed to contribute and input.
Here are some key features of "bBlog":
· Fast, easy installation gets you up and running in minutes
· Complete control of look and feel of your blog
· Easier customization through Smarty templating
· Modular architecture makes it easy to drop in a new plugin developed by our active development community
· Threaded comments
· Advanced trackbacks, Blogrolling, XML/RPC, spam protection
· Comprehensive support for web standards
· Uses PHP/MySQL
· PHP 4.1+
· Apache/Linux recommended, but bBlog has been known to work on IIS
· Note: bBlog does not work on Yahoo's hosting solutions!
· For more information, visit the requirements page.
What's New in This Release:
· database changes: Added VERSION to bB_config table.
· Moved 0.7.5.1 to 0.7.6
· Flyspray #69: Added "Check All" to comment admin panel.
· Removed Kubrik and Relaxation as they do not meet the standards for 0.7.5/6
· Enhanced directory contents and reduced .tar.gz file size.
· Flyspray #47: Blank page after logging in fixed.
· Flyspray #44: No need for 2 message.html
· Flyspray #50: blog name + title showup messed in admin
· Flyspray #65: line spacing and archive listing all months for Kubrik and Relaxation themes.
· Flyspray #64: Removed die() which prevents integration.
· Flyspray #54: Updated max post to 20.
· Flyspray #66: mail.php now has the right charset.
· Flyspray #67: fixed sql exploit /?postid=something evil
· Flyspray #68: Removed limit when choosing individual posts via comment admin panel.