Zonk! is a lightweight skeleton web application framework implementing the hierarchical model-view-controller design pattern (HMVC) made for Apache web servers running PHP5.
It is not the first or the last PHP framework. There are a bunch of it out there. So why should You use this?! Here's why:
It's open source.
It runs out of the box.
It's maybe the most simple PHP5 framework available.
It's a skeleton web application which You can simply extend to Your needs.
It is right for You if:
* You're a PHP5 developer
* You're looking for an intuitive web application framework with a small learning curve
* You just want to implement Your ideas as fast as You can on the web or intranet
* You don't want to code standard application functions again and again
* You like design patterns, but don't need an over-engineered piece of software
It is not for You if:
* You're looking for a CMS
* You don't like object-oriented programming
* You don't know what a template is
· optional: MySQL + PDO driver (other databases possible through PDO drivers)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· additional intercepting pre and post filters for controllers,
· alternative names for controllers and actions (mapping)
· view helper class for dynamically creating and manipulating of menus
· method getLastInsertId for models
· additonal methods for Zonk_Input
· and some bug fixes