With Zikula application framework you can have your site up and running within minutes of download!
Key advantages include:
* Open Source - GNU GPL Licensed
* Adheres to W3C standards (XHTML and CSS2)
* Accessable output - follows WCAG accessibility guidelines
* Search engine optimized output
Here are some key features of "Zikula":
· Modular Structure
· Customized Functionality through Third-Party Modules
· Advanced User Group Permissions System
· Multi-language Support (About 36 Language Packs Available)
· Embedded WYSIWYG HTML Editor Activated
· Site Search
· Advanced API (Application Programming Interface)
· Focused on High Level of Security
· Easy-to-Use Guided Browser Based Installation and more!
· PHP >= 4.1.0
· MySQL >= 4.1
· Smarty PHP template engine
· Apache >= 2.0.x
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 144 bugfixes since 1.0.2 and a combined total of 83 bugfixes and features in 1.1.0, in addition to the ongoing architecture work on 2.0.
· This is a release that cleans up many loose ends.
· The process of merging some system modules and removing the obsolete ValueAddons has begun.
· This will, in the longer term, make the Zikula codebase more maintainable and easier to manage.